- November 10, 2021
Marketing to Parents: Understanding Their Psychographics
Discovering the Values, Attitudes, and Lifestyle of Parents and How to Appeal to Them through Advertising
As a marketer, it is crucial to understand the intended target audience to effectively reach and influence them. When it comes to parents, it is important to take into account their values, attitudes, and lifestyle to craft an advertising campaign that appeals to them. In this article, we’ll explore how to uncover these factors and how to appeal to parents through advertising.
Uncovering Values, Attitudes, and Lifestyle
Values refer to a person’s beliefs and principles that guide their decisions and actions. Attitudes refer to a person’s positive or negative feelings towards a particular product, service, or idea. Lifestyle refers to the way a person lives, including their habits, interests, and behaviors.
To uncover the values, attitudes, and lifestyle of parents, marketers can conduct primary research through surveys, focus groups, and online forums. This research can also be supplemented by analyzing data from social media and other online sources to gain insights into the parent’s demographics, behaviors, and purchasing patterns.
Appealing to Parents through Advertising
- Highlight the Benefits for the Family: Parents are always looking for ways to make their lives easier and improve the well-being of their family. Advertisements that highlight the benefits for the family, such as convenience, safety, and quality, are likely to resonate with parents.
- Emphasize the Child-Friendly Features: Parents are always concerned about the safety and well-being of their children. Advertisements that emphasize the child-friendly features of a product, such as durability, non-toxic materials, and educational value, are likely to appeal to parents.
- Showcase Real-Life Examples: Parents often respond well to advertisements that showcase real-life examples of how a product can make their lives easier and improve the well-being of their family. Advertisements that feature testimonials and real-life scenarios are likely to be more effective than advertisements that simply list the features and benefits.
- Utilize Influencer Marketing: Many parents look to trusted influencers and bloggers for recommendations on products and services. Utilizing influencer marketing can be a powerful way to reach and influence parents, as they are more likely to trust recommendations from someone they admire and follow.
- Create Emotional Connections: Parents often make decisions based on emotional factors, such as feelings of nostalgia, love, and security. Advertisements that create emotional connections, such as by evoking feelings of childhood memories or family values, are likely to appeal to parents.
Discovering the values, attitudes, and lifestyle of parents is crucial for crafting an advertising campaign that appeals to them. By highlighting the benefits for the family, emphasizing child-friendly features, showcasing real-life examples, utilizing influencer marketing, and creating emotional connections, marketers can effectively reach and influence parents through advertising.