BOSTON (PRWEB) AUGUST 13, 2021
The last few years has given us permission to do things differently. For brands exploring new ways for marketing to families look no further than a market that has recently been catching the attention of marketers looking for a new, fresh and highly efficient approach.
Marketing to Families: Five reasons why brands are investing in U.S. Zoos & Aquariums:
1) Family Audience: Parents with young children are hard to reach! This market represents the highest concentration of parents with young children 2 – 12 years old. With an average visit of 3 to 4 hours, families visiting zoos and aquariums are uniquely “in the moment”, offering a rare opportunity for brands to engage with kids and their parents at one of their most authentic and connected moments, free from the many distractions that often compete for their attention. A recent independent research study shows that by a factor of almost 3 to 1, the number one reason families visit a zoo or aquarium is to spend uninterrupted time together.
2) Impressive Scale: With more than 200 non-profit, accredited zoos and aquariums in the U.S., this market has over 195 million annual visits, more than all four major sports leagues… combined! These venues include a balanced, national distribution across 48 of the top 50 media markets.
3) Purpose: Consumers believe that brands have the power to make the world better and research shows that brand actions and partnerships influence their purchase decision. Nine out of ten people feel better about a brand if they focus on an environmental or social cause. Zoos & Aquariums mission is grounded in environmental conservation, contributing more than $1 billion every five years, and directly improving the long-term survival of species in natural ecosystems and habitats. In fact, zoos & aquariums are widely credited with saving several animal species from extinction. Brand partnerships generate financial resources that directly fund and support these critical environmental conservation and educational efforts that zoos and aquariums provide.
4) Emotional Connection: Awe, wonder, and childhood joy connect families in a deeper way while enjoying time together at these brand-safe, trusted, community and cultural attractions. For parents, a visit to the zoo or aquarium offers a respite from the chaos of everyday life allowing them to see more clearly through the eyes of their children, often evoking feelings of nostalgia. Additional core themes like discovery, curiosity, health, and wellness validate this market as ideal locations to drive positive brand sentiment.
5) Uncluttered environment: Zoos and aquariums are an oasis, offering an unparalleled share of voice for brands marketing to families. This efficiency is the result of an environment that is free from over-saturation and brand clutter. This pure white space allows brands to extend reach across multiple touch points including experiential, digital/social, hospitality, sponsorship, media, and consumer/retail promotions.
When it comes to marketing to families and building a family-friendly marketing strategy, as compelling as the above five reasons may be, perhaps it’s the flexibility, adaptability, efficiency, and minimization of downside risk this market offers that will inspire more brands to consider a partnership investment with U.S. Zoos & Aquariums.